Another Table Problem in Internet Explorer

Pesala 08:50 02 Nov 03

On this pageclick here the table fits neatly as it was designed to do in Opera.

However, in Internet Explorer, although you can see that the two columns are split into asymetrical rows, the difference is very slight and there is loads of wasted space. This is how it looks in Opera, which is just as it was designed in Net Objects Fusion click here

What is wrong with the world leader in browsers that it cannot correctly interpret HTML tables, or is NOF doing something non-standard compliant?

Pesala 09:41 02 Nov 03

I tried creating four rows, and merging the top three cells in the left column, and the bottom three cells in the right column. The result is the same as before. I don't remember exactly what I did before.

It seems that the only way will be to create a separate table for each column. A bit messy, as I shall need a third table for the first full-width row, but it will probably work OK.

Pesala 10:04 02 Nov 03

Splitting the table into two - one for each column - solved the row height problem that I had before, but it is not as good as the original design click here in Opera. Although I have specified row heights the two tables are different heights in both Opera and Internet Explorer. click here

Any other ideas how to get this table looking perfect, like this click here in Internet Explorer as well as in Opera?

Pesala 18:57 02 Nov 03

I decided to do away with the uneven table rows and to use Go Menus instead. It is simpler, has more room for expansion, and the text is easier to read. It is not finished yet, but already looking better I think. click here

Any suggestions?

harristweed 11:38 03 Nov 03

I notice that the text and list boxes don't quite align.

Here is your code fot the link.

<TD WIDTH=357><P=LEFT><A HREF="../../Books/Library/Ledi/ledi.html"><B><FONT COLOR="#FF0066" SIZE="+1" FACE="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica">Venerable Ledi Sayādaw</FONT></B></A><B><FONT COLOR="#FF0066"

Add to the code, for each link: valign="top"

<TD WIDTH=357 valign="top"><P ALIGN=LEFT><A HREF="../../Books/Library/Ledi/ledi.html"><B><FONT COLOR="#FF0066" SIZE="+1" FACE="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica">Venerable Ledi Sayādaw</FONT></B></A><B><FONT COLOR="#FF0066"

That should make it all line up better.

Pesala 18:15 03 Nov 03

I selected all the table cells in Net Objects Fusion and chose Row Alignment Top. The result is now published to my domain at click here

Is it right now? I cannot see much difference. There is also an option for cell vertical alignment top. I'm not quite sure what the difference is to Row alignment top, presumably none unless you want different settings for individual cells in a row.

harristweed 09:15 04 Nov 03

I don't have N O F so can't comment on individual commands.

The code now has <tr align ="top"> as you would expect after using Row Alignment.

The option for cell vertical alignment top, possibly would add <td align = "top">, and I guess is the one to use.

slowhand_1000 11:03 04 Nov 03

They line up now. But just below in the PDF section your first two links

On the Path to Freedom and Dhamma Discourses

have two of these ?? before each link.

Pesala 11:36 04 Nov 03

The »» marks indicate that the link leads off of the site.

Pesala 11:39 04 Nov 03

For the benefit of dial-up users my site can be downloaded as a zip file form the home page. If the user sees the »» signs he/she will know that they will have to dial-up to follow the links.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…