Another slow pc query

Maryp 09:47 16 Mar 09

My pc has started playing up. I mostly use it to surf the internet, and recently upgraded IE8, which I prefer. It's usually ok to start with, but after a while it all just slows down, freezes or closes itself. I stopped most things staring up via msconfig, and when its running slow I've checked to see what programs are running on the task manager, but I'm not really sure what I should be looking for. System idle process is usually between 95 and 98%
I've run adaware, spybot, cCleaner and disk cleaner, and checked, but I dont need to defrag. I'm also having problems with my screen saver, which is set to scroll through my photo's. Sometimes that freezes everything when I try to use my pc again after its being going for a while.
What else can I try?

User-1229748 09:54 16 Mar 09

did you install a program to have your screen saver scroll thru your photos?

User-1229748 09:56 16 Mar 09

and did you have these problems when using a different browser?

Maryp 10:52 16 Mar 09

I use the my pictures slideshow on xp control panel/desktop, which was already there. I've just got firefox in the last couple of days, but haven't had chance to use it much yet to see if it works better.

Maryp 10:53 16 Mar 09

I've also got quite a lot of photo's and some video taken on my camera, would that slow it down, should I back it up and then get rid of it off my pc?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…