//some 3rd party need geo

Another site wanting advice

Micklemass 19:52 22 Apr 04

After having advice from several of you on my other site click here have now have taken over this chess one click here Still got to work on menu and link text but hopefully getting there. Any comments appreciated.

Micklemass 07:47 23 Apr 04

Sorry about that - should be click here

Micklemass 12:52 23 Apr 04

I use Dreamweaver 4 but not yet able to use many of its more complicated items. The text on the chess board are not links but on reflection could make them so.

Wondered how I made the chess board 'scaling' ? Do I make the table a % say 50 instead of fixed pixels?

Original site had lots of graphics which slowed the whole site down too much but could get permission to use them in a more restrictied format. Have also taken off the update.

As you say the site is a bit plain but was wanted for information rather than membership.

Cheers

Micklemass 18:31 23 Apr 04

Must admit the posting about standards for websites scared me to death when all I want to do was give a true reflection of the LPSCA. Thanks to Forum Member for his tips and who knows might now have a look at the future but only if it is still enjoyable to do

Forum Editor 18:48 23 Apr 04

informative, and a good illustration of how less is often more when it comes to web design.

1. I also expected the chessboard squares to be links, and so I suspect will most people.

2. For me the drop-down menus don't work - I would have used a conventional nav bar with buttons.

3. I'm rarely keen on pastel page backgrounds - whiter is better almost every time to my mind.

4. Your use of fonts/point sizes isn't consistent throughout - try to make headers and body text the same on each page. Some Times New Roman has managed to creep in.

Other than that - no comments. A well-designed site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…