Another Search Engine

1514 20:31 25 Apr 03

I have just been introduced to this search engine and it seems pretty good to me. Why don't you try it? click here

Bebee 23:23 25 Apr 03

Your post sounds a bit like an advert - any connection?
However, just had a look at the site and a quick play and it does look fascinating (and useful).
I have also used Copernic click here which is a free downloadable search engine. I like the way you can save your search results to go back to at leisure.
Not sure this is a helproom topic though.

-pops- 06:32 26 Apr 03

Are the above equal to, or better than, Google?

If so, in what way?

If not, I don't see a reason to change.

Brian

willhay 07:30 26 Apr 03

played with this site before and found it useful but after a format, forgot the name and could not find it aagin so thanks for the posting as it has reminded me of the name and i can have a play again

Bebee 08:13 26 Apr 03

-pops-
Different. It depends what you want to do with the information. I use Google regularly, but for some types of research the facilities offered by Copernic I find it useful. I've only had a quick play with Kartoo but it offers a different approach and saving of 'maps'. It also planned to be downloadable.
Fortunately you don't have to choose between search engines. For a staightforward search Google is probably still the best.

mole44 08:19 26 Apr 03

try the search enginr alltheweb similar to goggle but does not do the spell checking

Tenner 08:31 26 Apr 03

I find Copernic Agent Basic the most useful as it saves all previous results, which can save much time when researching. Major update this week to free version.

pops - it's worth a look/try for a week

regards

Andsome 08:31 26 Apr 03

Looks interesting, I have added it to Favourites to do more comparisons with Google.

Bebee 08:50 26 Apr 03

Tenner

Thans for that info. Haven't used Copernic for a little while so I'll go get the update.

I'll try alltheweb aswell, thanks.

-pops- 08:58 26 Apr 03

I'll certainly give it (them) a go. I was curious about the advantages, if any.

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…