another question about Acronis

Ikelos 22:37 21 Mar 06

hi, just rubbed the first back-up out so i can start again, i will now put it on a NTFS external drive, the question now is... when you put in where you want to back it up there is also the choice "all files" or "image archives (*.tib)" could some bright spark tell what one i use............thank you

terryf 22:48 21 Mar 06

I think I am partially bright but at 73 no longer a spark. All my Acronis backups end in tib, the files are called by the date the original full backup was made ie 8 3 06.tib then the incremental backups are 8 3 062.tib and 8 3 063.tib. To restore you click on the last incremental backup file, in my case 8 3 063.tib and the program works out that it needs all three files. Of course these files are in the same folder. Hope this helps

Hertz Van Rentyl 22:53 21 Mar 06

At the risk of sounding incredibly boring, may I suggest you create the Acronis Secure Zone. You can control the size when you create it, also when you make your backup files all you need do is click on Secure Zone when asked where to backup to, no other file names are required, the other feature to append a diary entry (or not)is all you need do. The secure zone will not show up in Windows explorer so you cannot overwrite it by accident.

lester1 23:00 21 Mar 06

I always do two Images 1 on the C drive (Secure zone) and 1 on an external drive. Both are full images, the external carries the .tib extension. (I enter the date of the image on the external drive).

Ikelos 23:02 21 Mar 06

thank you both, I wil now back up in secure zone, and then it will be bed time, thanks again.

Ikelos 23:03 21 Mar 06

and thanks, lester1....nice one

woodchip 23:07 21 Mar 06

Create a Image, if you load it to External drive make sure you put it on the first Partition or Acronis will not see it when you want to restore it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now