another problem

nutty norm 23:20 01 Mar 08

Nutty norm again, when trying to do a defrag, it says it has detected that chkdsk is scheduled to run on the volume (C:) Please run chkdsk/f what does it mean, Nutty norm , Windows XP Proffesional , my computer is about 4 years old.

brundle 23:34 01 Mar 08

Go to Start Menu/All Programs/Accessories/Command Prompt

A black window with white text will appear.Type

chkdsk c: /f

at the prompt. A disk check might run immediately but usually you get a message saying a check will run the next time you boot the PC, answer Yes/OK.

Reboot and allow the disk check to run.

brundle 23:34 01 Mar 08

Note the spaces;

chkdsk<space>c:<space>/f

ambra4 23:36 01 Mar 08

Check this site

click here

nutty norm 17:40 05 Mar 08

When trying to do what you suggested , I went to the Command prompt. Tpyed in the command chkdsk c:/f nothing happens it just sits there i even pressed enter still nothing , what am i doing wrong, Nutty norm. (When trying tom de-frag )

brundle 19:15 05 Mar 08

chkdsk<space>c:<space>/f

skidzy 19:59 05 Mar 08

As brundle says norm

Go to Start Menu/All Programs/Accessories/Command Prompt

Then copy the below using your right click

chkdsk c: /f

Back to the command prompt and right click and paste and enter...follow the prompts.

You may have a few bad sectors on the harddrive.

nutty norm 13:35 06 Mar 08

Got my thinking cap on typed in what you said, a blue screen came up and it started to work numbers wizzing across, after about 5 minutes it stopped, but then the computer wouldnot shut down , so i had to switch it manually, it seems this problen it going to stickwith me, so i will leave it alone for the time being, it seems the more i do the problem seems to persist, the problem leave it alone while it working, my mootto, thanks to all in trying to help, nutty norm.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…