ANOTHER printer issue with HP

fedex1969 17:42 PM 10 Aug 12

Hi Guys, it's me AGAIN! As you may remember from previous posts, I recently, (within the last 8? months), purchased an HP Officejet 4500 Desktop all in one printer. You may also remember I had a problem with it which was rectified with your help. Now it's playing up again. When I send a document, not photo, to print, the printer recognises the action but not much else happens. When I say 'recognise', I mean that the window on the printer flashes 'PRINTING' but then doesn't. I've left it like this for 20 minutes, but still flashes 'PRINTING'. The wife promises me that she hasn't mucked around with settings or preferences. In her defence, I don't think she'd know how. Bless her. Anyway, any ideas anyone?

rdave13 18:52 PM 10 Aug 12

Try this, go to services and scroll down to Print Spooler. Double click it and select stop click OK. Double click again and select start, also make sure on automatic. That will clear the printing list if a backlog or corruption.

fedex1969 15:34 PM 11 Aug 12

Thanks rdave13. This seems to have solved the problem. Good work fella!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…