ANOTHER printer issue with HP

fedex1969 10 Aug 12
Answered

Hi Guys, it's me AGAIN! As you may remember from previous posts, I recently, (within the last 8? months), purchased an HP Officejet 4500 Desktop all in one printer. You may also remember I had a problem with it which was rectified with your help. Now it's playing up again. When I send a document, not photo, to print, the printer recognises the action but not much else happens. When I say 'recognise', I mean that the window on the printer flashes 'PRINTING' but then doesn't. I've left it like this for 20 minutes, but still flashes 'PRINTING'. The wife promises me that she hasn't mucked around with settings or preferences. In her defence, I don't think she'd know how. Bless her. Anyway, any ideas anyone?

rdave13 10 Aug 12
Answer

Try this, go to services and scroll down to Print Spooler. Double click it and select stop click OK. Double click again and select start, also make sure on automatic. That will clear the printing list if a backlog or corruption.

fedex1969 11 Aug 12

Thanks rdave13. This seems to have solved the problem. Good work fella!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message