(Another) PowerDVD problem - strange error message

Bacon & Eggs 20:05 27 Mar 03

I have Power DVD 4.0, up to date with all patches etc and have just got the following popup message when trying to play a DVD (Lock Stock) that I've watched many times before on the machine.

DVD Error

Error Code F4D41436

The TV Out port of your display card is not working properly.

Details: This copy protected disc can not be played when the TV Out function is enabled.

Background stuff: the problem only appears when the DVD has previously been opened by Media Player; if PowerDVD is the first program to try and open it after system bootup it works fine. Could this have anything to do with the fact I recently 'upgraded' to Media Player 9? It's the only thing I've changed in the system recently.

Before I get asked, the system is well capable of running it all.. XP, Athlon 2100+, 512MB ram, GF4 Ti4200 128Mb etc...

Any ideas appreciated... !

Lú-tzé 20:13 27 Mar 03

Have you recently upgraded your nvidia drivers? That is what I did and got the same message.

Try removing the dvd drive from the device manage and reboot. It should be picked up and reconfigured for you then and the problem solved.

jazzypop 23:06 27 Mar 03

I had the same problem. It is to do with a conflict between the Macrovision code (designed to stop you copying DVDs), your graphics card and the later Nvidia drivers. It is also possible that the Digital Rights Management features of WMP9 have triggered this message.

If Lú-tzé's suggestion does not work for you, go to click here , download and install the Nvidia 40.72 drivers. Worked for me

Gaz 25 23:15 27 Mar 03
  Gaz 25 23:16 27 Mar 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…