another partition ?

Ikelos 14:43 16 Jul 07

Hi, just put in Acronis True Image, pressed a few keys and it should have copied to an external drive, it did on the second attempt, I think it has copied the OS onto the HDD in the laptop the first time, how can i tell if it has, and if so can i get rid of it.

thanks

Diemmess 15:48 16 Jul 07

Probably no long term damage.

If you made a backup file it exists somewhere under a default name with a susbcript (.tib)

Wave your mouse over any possible folder and see if there is a "tib" within.

If that is all you have done AND you have no other Acronis files on your computer, you can simply delete it.

Using Acronis which is a mighty powerful tool needs care to understand each menu stage as you choose it and pass on to the next stage.

The big no-no is to RESTORE or Clone an Acronis image to the wrong place, because it will overwrite everything on the drive you selected.

Choose the right drive and of course it is a Godsend getting you up and running after a bad system failure.

The menus are good and lead you safely through, provided you don't rush and "Press a few keys."

Ikelos 16:15 16 Jul 07

thank you for that wise advice, i will look now, and thanks again

Ikelos 16:31 16 Jul 07

Hi Again, looks like we live to fight another day, I can not find any folders or the like with Acronis of tib, or suchlike, so i might have got away with it.Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now