Another Opera question.

rawprawn 15:46 16 Sep 05

When I come into "Helproom" using Opera, the files down the left hand side showing that the thread has been resolved (with a tick) or is still open all appear as numbers. It's normal in IE so it isn't a PCA fault. What setting have I got wrong?

octal 16:24 16 Sep 05

Go to preferences, or whatever its called in your's because I'm using the Linux version, and make sure "Show images" is selected.

rawprawn 16:28 16 Sep 05

Yes that is already selected,Thanks

octal 16:39 16 Sep 05

OK, because when I de-select showing images I get exactly the same as you like this click here or have I got it wrong? If not, have you got something installed that's blocking images?

rawprawn 18:08 16 Sep 05

Ok, thank you for your reply. I have cured the problem by using Acronis True Image to go back to when I installed.The thing that is bugging me is I have no idea what I have done to change the way it looks. I have been messing with Spybot Tea Timer, and I think I must have caused the problem there, although I don't know how. Anyway all is back to normal, and thank you for your responses, I think you were right whatever I did within Spybot must have caused the problem.

vinnyT 11:08 17 Sep 05

I know you have ticked this, but on one of the toolbars (either at the top or bottom, depending if you have customised it or not), there is a button you can press to

-Show Images -No Images or -Cached Images

maybe you had inadvertantly pressed this and selected no images (this will over rule what is the default in the prefs menu.

I use this a lot when viewing image intensive sites, as I'm still on dialup.

Hope this helps.

rawprawn 11:13 17 Sep 05

Thanks for that, I have just checked and "Show Images is selected. You could have been right though because I used Acronis to bring it back, I can't tell if that was not selected when I was having problems.

vinnyT 11:45 17 Sep 05

The joys of computing, glad you got it sorted though, that's the main thing.

octal 11:53 17 Sep 05

It just shows how complicated programmes are becoming, I know rawprawn has been around for some time by the number of times he posts, it proves even the best of us get fooled sometimes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…