Another one looking for a host!

harristweed 14:13 10 Mar 07

I normally use a couple of web hosts from whom I’ve had good service and support. I now have an estate agent customer that takes videos the properties for sale. The resulting video file is about 50 meg on average. The host they are currently with gives 200meg as standard. After 3 videos were added to the site the space was full, so a further 200meg was purchased (not cheaply) another 4 videos and its full again. I have 4 more to add and can’t.

The choices are to by another 200meg (at $235) or move hosts to one that gives much more space. Bandwidth is also a consideration as people view the videos the bandwidth gets eaten!

If anyone has any suggestions of a host that gives loads of space and bandwidth and doesn’t cost the earth I’d appreciate it.

Forum Editor 14:26 10 Mar 07

If nothing suitable comes along, and you're stuck, email me, and I'll see if I can help.

AndySD 19:22 10 Mar 07

I use 1&1 buisness package click here with no problems so far. 4 GB web space
40 GB monthly traffic for Appox £100 a year.

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:27 10 Mar 07

as AndySD, but have recently opened another account for my forum with Sitepoint. It's even cheaper than 1 & 1 for 40gig webspace and 900gig monthly traffic! Amazing deal really.

Tribal-Wolf 16:27 11 Mar 07

I use this plce and have been happy with them click here fisrt class help too when I have needed it.

PurplePenny 17:05 11 Mar 07

Sitepoint the publisher? I didn't think that they offered hosting but they do list hosting offers in their Marketplace.

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:19 11 Mar 07

I mean't Siteground!

De Marcus™ 20:28 12 Mar 07

Fasthosts have a package with 5gb of webspace and unlimited traffic for £15.99 p/month click here
or if you look at the next package down 2gb p/month inc unlimited traffic for £7.99 p/month click here

harristweed 13:36 15 Mar 07

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to respond. I decided to go to HeartInternet ( after looking at quite a few). They have an option with unlimited bandwidth and disc space £129.00.

So far everything has gone very smoothly. I just uploaded the site. Imported the database backup. Changed the passwords in the relevant places and it all worked!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…