(Another) Networking Problem.

GORAL 20:51 24 Mar 04

I am sure I must be just overtired (!). Two PCs both on XP Home and networked ok in the past, using Telewest Blueyonder.

Just put in a fresh install of XP on a HDD in my PC. The result is problems with my wife's PC.

However I have found that if I disable my (Symantec) Firewall, both PCs work ok on the network. I never had this problem before but could it simply be some setting or other in the firewall that needs a 'tweak' to correct this? Any help would be most appreciated.

woodt 20:54 24 Mar 04

How are they networked? Via cable or wireless.

GORAL 21:33 24 Mar 04

my network is cabled using a Netgear hub and patch cables to appropriate NIC cards (which as I said worked perfectly hitherto).

LeadingMNMs 21:37 24 Mar 04

It is likely to be something to do with the firewall, perceiving the IP address (perhaps its changed) to be foreign and so blocking it. I don't use that firewall so can't suggest any options.

GORAL 12:21 25 Mar 04

bump

Smiler 12:28 25 Mar 04

I had a similar problem but I use Zone Alarm and I had to give the pci card a trusted zone setting in the main firewall so I would guess that you need to do a similar thing. As I said I use Zone Alarm so I cant tell you where you need to go in your firewall. But hopefully someone out there knows.

GORAL 19:33 25 Mar 04

Any further advice available - please !

GORAL 19:33 25 Mar 04

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now