Another netgear wireless problem wg111t

rickd 18:27 18 Jun 06

I installed a new netgear wg111t wireless usb device to attach to my netgear router. After a struggle (had to use updated driver from netgear), install hardware manually, I got it going. But after a while it lost contact with the router (there was plenty of signal), then wouldn't start on rebooting. I've tried completely uninstalling then reinstalling both the software and hardware. Each time I get an error (code 10) and it refuses to launch.
Any ideas??

SANTOS7 18:33 18 Jun 06

click here
this may help..

george 18:59 18 Jun 06

Hi,
The above soulution is a good one. I informed Belkin of these problem when their experts could not solve my problem. This was sorted by myself working backwards. The problem was caused by a Windows security update.
Sorry but my own pc is having a problem I am working on and cannot get access to right now. I initially solved my problem by running a hard wire ethernet connection.
Please try the Belkin web site as my solution was posted there for others.

ade.h 19:12 18 Jun 06

"I've tried completely uninstalling then reinstalling both the software and hardware."

As a general rule of thumb, you should use USB adapters *without* any 3rd-party software. Install them with *only* their driver and let Windows do what it's happiest doing; managing your wireless configuration for you with WZC.

CC 16:21 28 Oct 06

Thanks SANTOS7 - had the same problem with a Belkin wireless G desktop card. Worked a treat!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…