Another Netgear MA101 problem

1832bchs 19:00 30 Jan 03

I have installed a MA101 USB adaptor on my desktop machine, running XP Home, and on my old IBM Thinkpad laptop running 98SE.
I can share my Telewest broadband connection no problem but I am having trouble with file and folder sharing. When I first set the network up I could "see" the laptop on the desktop machine and vice versa and I could access shared files and folders. This has now changed and I cannot access either machine from the other or share files. If I try to access all the computers on network from the network places folder on the XP machine the machine hangs with "programme not responding".I cannot fathom out what has happened to change the networking and all my settings appear correct.
Any advice would be appreciated.

howard60 20:27 30 Jan 03

hard drives are set to sharing. check that all machines are showing the same group name.

1832bchs 22:47 30 Jan 03

howard60......yes,drives are set to share and workgroup is same on each machine. As i said, it was all set up and working correctly but for some reason has stopped letting me access the shared files etc.

jazzypop 23:37 30 Jan 03

Try opening Control Panel and go to Administrative Tools > Services. Scroll down the list of services until you get to get to "Wireless Zero Configuration".

Right click on it, select properties, and then change the startup type to manual instead of automatic. Click OK and/or Apply, and then reboot.

There is a conflict on some XP setups between the MS wireless configuration, and the Netgear one. This leaves the Netgear service running.

You can always reverse the procedure above if it does not apply to you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…