Another Minor Excel Query! (VoG? Whisperer?)

Ben Avery 09:11 03 Sep 03

G'day

I have a flight plan spreadsheet with filters on it but I need to run a filter which takes 2 criteria from 2 different columns (hence the auto filter is no help).

In column "C" I have "Work Location" and in column "K" I have # signs to denote those who travel Business Class and * signs for something else.

I need to filter the sheet to show the following:

1) All personnel working in the Training Department section in column "C"

AND

2) All personnel who currently travel Business class (those who have a # sign in column "K")

The trouble I have, only being used to the auto filter, is that I can set the filter to select one or the other criteria but not both together as when the auto filter selects the "Training Department" personnel, those with # signs in column "K" get hidden as they are not part of this department.

How do you do this?

;o)

BA

Ben Avery 11:36 03 Sep 03

^bump^

Come on guys, you normally love getting ya heads round these sort of things!

:o)

BA

VoG II 12:57 03 Sep 03

You need to use Data/Filter/Advanced filter to do this.

It would take far too long to explain how to do this. Have a look in Help for Advanced Filter - there are instructions and examples.

Good luck!

Ben Avery 13:01 03 Sep 03

Is it seriously that complicated?!

You'd think it'd be obvious that people would want to do this and that it'd be a relatively easy thing to accomplish!

I did have a look at the help section but ended up chasing my tail - I'll have another browse through and try to get my head round it!

Thanks chap.

BA

Ben Avery 09:03 04 Sep 03

I've sorted it by re-reading and re-reading the help section until it clicked what it was trying to say!

All done now so thanks VoG for getting me to re-read it and understanding how it works.

BA

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…