another memory question

steve-252371 21:39 23 Aug 07

I have decided to replace my 256 ddr2 memory for 512mb will i have to replace the old with the new or can they both work together since i have two memory slots.
Cheers

mammak 21:44 23 Aug 07

click here

try this a well recomended site good luck.

paul€ 21:46 23 Aug 07

99.9 times out of a hundred you can use both the 256Mb and the 512Mb together.

Put the 512 Mb in the first slot and the 256Mb in the second slot and enjoy the extra boost.

ditto mammack,
The key is to get the correct ram to compliment your existing,its better not to try and match it up yourself after doing the crucial on-line scan.
Crucial are supposed to match it up,if it turns out to be wrong they will refund or exchange the ram.
ive seen too many times where people have done the scan then popped into their local store or bought off ebay and have subsequently encountered problems.

Totally-braindead 22:31 23 Aug 07

Exactly *THE RAVEN* I too have seen people with problems, a lot of the memory sold in shops just doesn't give enough information and some motherboards are very touchy about what memory they will accept. I've even had memory that seemed ok and caused problems later on.
Cheap memory is to me a waste of time. Better buying decent stuff in the first place and saving yourself all the hassle.
I use Crucial too.

mammak 22:36 23 Aug 07

have said you cant go wrong with crucial hence why I recommended them to you do a scan on my link you wont be dissapointed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017