Another Low Profile Graphics Upgrade Query

Lmar 18:27 06 Oct 08

Hi, a few months ago i bought a Hp S3240. However, i made a big mistake by taking the word of the salesman who told me that the graphics would be "no bother" to upgrade despite the smaller size of the tower. When trying to urpgrade recently i found that my computer actually needs low profile graphics cards and you need to take into accout power and motherboard compatability. Worst of all i found that low profile graphics are poor in comparison to normal sized ones. I've read through many forums but havent came across any on the hp slimlines so i thought i'd make one myself.

So can anybody reccomend some of the better graphics cards which will run on my system, i currently have a radeon 2400. Sorry if this has been covered by you lot before.

Thanks in advance

citadel 18:59 06 Oct 08

I would move everything into a proper larger case as this is better for cooling and upgrades, it may look daunting but is easy to do.

Lmar 20:53 06 Oct 08

That would work but sort of defy the point of slim line :) thanks anyways though. Ive heard about the 9600 galaxy and the ge force 8600 but im not sure if they'd work with my system

citadel 22:12 06 Oct 08

I could not see any low profile cards worth having, if you want a nvidia card it is best to remove ati drivers and traces before installing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…