another how do I ....

cadx 22:45 26 Jun 09

I have bought a 32GB Memory stick to backup my files etc: as I am fed up with losing my files whenever my PC has a problem, so how do I do that, as on my lasy computer it had a "BACKUP" but there is`nt one on this computer...its WINDOWS XPSP2. Thank you in advance.

lotvic 23:14 26 Jun 09

By far the easiest way is just to make a straight copy of your My Documents folder onto the memory stick.
Then rename it something like: My Docs26jun09 so that you will know when you made it.

Prior to doing that you could also export and save your email settings, address book etc and save them to a file in your My Documents (they will be copies of settings etc). And perhaps a folder containing your product keys etc.

woodchip 23:15 26 Jun 09

What do you want to backup, your Files and Photos or the Partition along with whats on it

cadx 23:24 26 Jun 09

What do you want to backup, your Files and Photos or the Partition along with whats on it

yes...I do.

lotvic 23:29 26 Jun 09

1. your Files and Photos
OR
2.the Partition along with whats on it

cadx 23:29 26 Jun 09

oops sorry...my files and photos as I lost all my previous photos

cadx 23:29 26 Jun 09

whats in the partition?

woodchip 23:31 26 Jun 09

Depending on How much you have on your Operating System Partition you may be able to Image it to the Stick using Acronis True Image. If you can you can restore it all at any time back to the state at when you created the Image. Thats if it will fit on the stick. Acronis does offer compression, but it can only do so much

woodchip 23:33 26 Jun 09

If you can manage to get the Partition on the Stick in compressed form as a image, it will be everything

cadx 23:36 26 Jun 09

so how do I do that woodchip?

woodchip 23:40 26 Jun 09

First you need to Double Click My Computer, then right Click on C:\ look at how much pink is used on the drive it will tell you used space. If its less than your stick or not much more you can get Acronis to Create a Image to it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now