Another Hard Drive Question

TTFN 10:15 05 May 07

It’s bound to have been covered here at sometime but I have a question about using a partitioned hard drive.

I replaced my hard drive recently with a new unit and partitioned it so that I could have the operating system on a smaller primary side and the bulk of the drive for the programmes.

What bothers me is how much of the software loaded portions of their applications onto the C: drive side into the programme folder before I could change the target route to the other partition (G :). It almost looks like a RAID configuration – loose one loose all.

As the idea is was speed up the computer booting operation by having the operating system separated to the rest of the system, should I need to reinstall or run ‘repair’ at some time on the C: drive, will I finish off overwriting the C: drive’s programme folder and corrupting the drive?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:24 05 May 07

CAn be a problem when some programs do not allow you to install to other than C drive.

Also all programs will have registry entries in the C: drive.

a repair shouldn't be a problem but a reinstall ill also mean reinstall all programs with regirty entries.

The best way is to have a C: drive of approx 20G and use Acronis to copy the whole partition, and back up regularly.
In the event of faiure of the opsystem you can restore the copy in approx 10 mins and be running from your latest backup.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…