Another hard drive format question

tlr 23:21 06 Mar 04

I have 1 hard drive it has XP on do I format it as I keep getting a window up stating the quite obvious...'a program associated with this drive is still running and connot carry out the task'....the only solution if you can call it that would be a second hard drive, install XP on it then set the origional drive as slave, boot up on the new drive to wipe the origional....confused....I am ???

holly polly 23:36 06 Mar 04

Warning if your going to reformat the drive you realise your gonna lose everything installed ,what about a repair insert the xp disc select install xp then when prompted hit r for repair .
however if you choose to reformat first enter the bios ,change the first boot device to cd rom pop in the xp disc and follow the instructions ,if you choose to have no partitions and to use all the available space choose to format in ntfs -more secure. the installation will then format the drive and reinstall windows ,you will need the product key ,you will have to update ,and re register your copy of xp -hol pol...

tlr 20:45 11 Mar 04

Thanks Holly Polly

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…