another firefox question

monkeyboy2k 23:37 27 Feb 06

I have been chewing the fat on this issue since the site was mentioned to me via one of our it guys at work the main question is we have four accounts on my pc can you downlad ff to work on just one profile or does it work for all four.
Terry

remind 00:22 28 Feb 06

Firefox itself will across all four (you may need to copy the shortcuts across to each account or put one in Shared Documents), but each user will have their own profile.

remind 00:22 28 Feb 06

Though you can force Firefox to use the same one if that's what you mean.

monkeyboy2k 00:33 28 Feb 06

wot i want it to do is not load on my mothers,fathers or brothers site only mine becoz they prefer to use IE its wot they know.
Terry

remind 00:38 28 Feb 06

It will only install shortcuts for the account used when installing as far as I know, if not just delete the other shortcuts. You won't be able to change the `default browser` setting though because that's system-wide.

monkeyboy2k 00:40 28 Feb 06

so i would still be able to use IE should i have a problem with FF.
Terry

octal 07:47 28 Feb 06

"so i would still be able to use IE should i have a problem with FF."

Yes, installing Firefox doesn't interfere with IE whatsoever.

€dstowe 08:12 28 Feb 06

"so i would still be able to use IE should i have a problem with FF."

We have some machines here with almost all of the popular (and some less popular) web browsers installed on them. They all work OK together.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…