Another Ewido Question

J B 11:53 10 Mar 06

I downloaded the trial version last night and found that this program uses a lot of memory and CPU resources. I don't have a very powerful system,so I was wondering how I can disable the Guard and if I do will that lessen the amount of resources that this program uses. In the event that I can't disable the guard and save system resources I don't think that I will be able to use the program.

I'm running XP Home with an Athlon XP 3000+m 512MB memory. Any advice would be appreciated. J.B.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:02 10 Mar 06

The guard will isable when the free trial period runs out.

Open Ewido the remove guard option is second from the bottom in the list Additional.

Diodorus Siculus 12:12 10 Mar 06

[quote]I don't have a very powerful system[/quote]

[quote]XP Home with an Athlon XP 3000+m 512MB memory[/quote]

Going by the specs you outlined there, you have a pretty powerful system in my opinion!

J B 14:46 10 Mar 06

Based on some of the comments That I have read It leads me to believe I do have a not so powerful system, however I will take the advice given and let you know what happens. J.B.

Diodorus Siculus 14:54 10 Mar 06

If it does all that you want, then it is powerful enough - only a year ago or so that would have been top of the range.

You could possibly inprove performance with another 512mb RAM and if you are into gaming, a powerful graphics card would be helpful depening on what you have now.

Take a look at click here and try its tune up - you don't need to pay for anything there but it will give you a clue.

J B 20:15 10 Mar 06

Thanks for the information, will give it a try. J.B.

Meshuga 21:14 10 Mar 06

JB, I have a similar spec as you and I have no problem running Ewido.

J B 10:27 11 Mar 06

I dug around last night and found a way to configure ewido, so will try that to see what happens. J.B.

dogbreath1 10:37 11 Mar 06

I hope that you are going to share your new found config.... ;-))

J B 15:11 11 Mar 06

I found it on this forum click here Scroll down to rawprawn's answer and he tells you how to do it. I haven't done so yet as I just got back home from a food exibition near Cambridge. Let you know when I get the chance. J.B.

J B 15:17 11 Mar 06

My link didn't work, Type in Ewido in the search forum block then scroll down to the seventh item entitled Ewido dated 25 feb 2006 0942 AM then read rawprawn's answer. Sorry about the link. J.B.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009