another e-mail problem

chiquita 15:13 08 May 05

An old friend who luckily only lives up the road, can't contact me by e-mail even though there are no problems with other addresses. We have tested the system by sending and receiving but my address is always rejected.
He is contracted to and freeserve is the ISP. I am with wanadoo which is or was freeserve and my address is correctly typed.
The message we get is Secure SSL: No Server Error 550. Error No 0X800CCC79.
Any ideas??
Thanhs H.

Diodorus Siculus 17:12 08 May 05

click here

Try to rework this solution for your friend's ISP:

You may get the error message

* 'The server does not support a SSL connection. Account; Server' Protocol SMTP, server response '250 HELP' Port; 25, Secure (SSL) Yes, Server Error 250, error number 0x800CCC7D.'
* "The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '[email protected]' . Subject 'The monthly collection', Account: 'Test (Tiscali)', Server: '', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 relaying to prohibited by administrator', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

This problem happens because your version of Outlook Express is set up to use Secure Socket Layer (SSL), which Tiscali does not use.

To fix this problem:

* Open Outlook Express, and click Tools
* Then click on Accounts
* Then click on your Tiscali connection and click Properties
* Then click Advanced
* On this screen remove the checks from the boxes This server requires a secure connection for both Outgoing mail (SMTP) and Incoming mail (POP3).
* Bear in mind that you should be using a dial-up connection number prefixed with 1470 and that the outgoing mail server is

chiquita 19:09 08 May 05

Thanks for your response but regret am confused by the need to click on my tiscali connection. I am with wanadoo and my friend is with freeserve.
Have saved the web page you recommended so will print it out and see if i can make sense of it
Failing that, will go back to smoke signals!
Thanks again. H.

Diodorus Siculus 19:43 08 May 05

What I meant by the phrase [quote] Try to rework this solution for your friend's ISP[/quote] was that perhaps your friend's ISP can be substituted for where it says Tiscali and the same principles will apply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…