another dumb question

ronalddonald 17:30 11 Mar 08

How do find out if my laptop can save infomration on to a cd in the dvd drive

mrwoowoo 17:32 11 Mar 08

If it says dvd-rw on the front of the drive then it can.Cd's and dvd's.

FreeCell 19:47 11 Mar 08

mrwoowoo is partly correct. Could be you have a DVD/CD-R, i.e a drive that reads DVDs but can only write to CDs. In this case it won't have DVD-RW on the front but will have Compact Disc rewritable and DVD-ROM. (Can be difficult to see on some as its black characters on a black background).

If you look in "My Computer" at the DVD/CD disc drive entry should say DVD/CD-RW or similar. The _RW indicated "rewritable".

DippyGirl 17:16 13 Mar 08

You may also need some software
If you do (or you dont like the prog you have) have a look at DeepBurner click here The free version is suitable for most needs. Does for me - as they say

laurie53 20:14 13 Mar 08

Questions are never dumb, though some of the answers may be!

If you don't know, ask.

CDBurner XP Pro is also a good freebie.

elpin 23:41 13 Mar 08

Do you mean 'free' for 30 day trials? What after the 30 days? Keep looking/findng freebies? I have DVD-RW and have burnt some video clips but only can use on pc - not on tv, tried and says 'disk not recognised?' Why's this? thanks

Totally-braindead 23:45 13 Mar 08

This has the free one listed elpin click here

I've heard that CD Burner XP Pro works well but haven't tried it as I already have Nero.

elpin 23:45 13 Mar 08

I've also lost my playlist from utube but must in in pc 'somewhere'? Only found one part of a playlist on realplayer but not the others?
Also please? How do I delete the playlist when I have got on dvd now? thanks again

Totally-braindead 23:47 13 Mar 08

Regarding your query elpin its possibly because whatever you are trying it on cannot read RW disks or if its not that its because the disk needs finalised for the player to see it.

ronalddonald sorry to hijack your thread.

Totally-braindead 23:48 13 Mar 08

elpin start your own post.

DippyGirl 14:10 21 Mar 08

There is a free for ever version of DeepBurner that is more than adequate for most needs. Its not a trial version

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced