Another Defrag Problem

wetterfugal? 20:43 13 Jul 03

I am now defraging my Win98 machine but it keeps on restarting due to something accessing the drive. I have started in safe mode, disabled the screensaver and disabled all the programs using the startup utility. What else can I do now?

Nellie2 20:47 13 Jul 03

Why not download disk keeper lite. click here It is free, more effective than windows defrag and takes half the time too.

wetterfugal? 20:59 13 Jul 03

Thank's for that, I was pondering over Disk Keeper but did not want to part with £20. I did not know of this version. The trouble is I do not have internet access on the win98 machine. But there are ways if I give it some thought. I have a card reader which I could copy the file to then all I kneed is a usb port on the 98. The board supports USB but I need a card to supply the ports. It's probably the best way. I have a network card for it and this machine is an XP. I tried Direct cable but I could not get it to work and gave up.

Thanks again I will download it now.

Regards, Vic.

Valvegrid 21:08 13 Jul 03

Can't you put the program on a CD-R then put it on the Win98 machine?

wetterfugal? 21:12 13 Jul 03

Thats the story of my life, I always go the long way round. Of course you are right, I have a writer on XP. Thaks VG, I'm off to kick myself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…