Another completed site, this time....

pj123 19:44 18 Jul 03

I have just finished another website, this time for a local company. Using Dreamweaver MX. The only thing I don't like about this site is the need to scroll 'left to right' to see the right hand side of the page. How do I correct that please?

pj123 19:44 18 Jul 03

Sorry, the site is click here

Black-Artist 21:32 18 Jul 03

lo m8,

on my computer using 800x600 Resolution I only had to scroll a small amount (I usually use 1024x768, which didn't require me to scroll) one quick way would be to use:

<body leftmargin="0" topmargin="0">

or you could use .css styles for it by using this:

<style type="text/css">
<!--
body {
margin: 0px;
}
-->
</style>

If your using 640x480 I understand the user would need to scroll a fair bit, but the chances of someone still using the res are getting slimmer by the day.

HTH

BA

pj123 21:42 18 Jul 03

Yes, I agree it is only a small amount, I am using 800x600. But I would like it to be "none" I tried making it smaller by moving the "dotted line" in a bit but it didn't like it? Your coding that you suggested is foreign to me, how do you get to it to change it?

Black-Artist 21:48 18 Jul 03

lo m8,

In Dreamweaver MX (infact most DW's)open your document and goto:

Modify -> Page Properties

on the lower half of the Dialog box you will see:

Left Margin
Top Margin

All you need to do is insert 0 into both of those.

Try that and let me know how you get on.

BA

pj123 22:40 18 Jul 03

Tried that. Do I need to do it for every page? Still getting a very small "scroll right" except for the 'Accessories' page which I don't seem to be able to change at all. I get a "white" border on the right, but all the other pages have a "yellow" border.

Black-Artist 23:05 18 Jul 03

yeah you would need to do it to every page that way.

But you could use .css (cascading style sheet) just open up Help, Tutorials and type .css, they are really easy to make, although you would have to attach the css to every page.

For the time being I would stick with Modify, Page properties and have a fiddle with css in your spare time.

I don't get any scrolling on your first page at 800x600

Black-Artist 23:10 18 Jul 03

Going away for a week in the morning, If you still need help next week, either leave a msg here or mail me, and I'll help you out.

pj123 23:14 18 Jul 03

Thanks BA. Will try what you say. Have a nice time away. See you when you come back.

Black-Artist 20:44 26 Jul 03

You get it sorted pj123?

Forum Editor 22:26 26 Jul 03

there's no mention of the prices being inclusive or exclusive of VAT.

It's a small point, but some people might be confused, and it may be worth putting it right.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…