Another Complete Novice on Web Build Tools

lisaj 20:42 07 Mar 06

Hi Just been prompted to start a new Subject, apologies for any confusion.

I'm also looking to build a new site and others in future, no previous Web Build experience although I was an PL/1, Assembler, Fortran programmer years ago. Have been reading replies and visited the Serif Website and noticed WebPlus 9 for £59.99. This looks like a good buy, my question is, is it over kill for a first timer or worth the money with the potential to upgrade when the experience kicks in.

quack 22:18 07 Mar 06

Never tried WebPlus 9 but I have Dreamweaver MX and Microsoft Frontpage 2003. Out of the two I find that I am using Frontpage most of the time now. I would certainly recommend that if you can afford a few extra pounds go for Frontpage 2003 you won't be disappointed - there are some good deals on the internet at the moment check it out.

mco 22:57 07 Mar 06

Front page is good but really I wouldn't advise you to spend anything on webbuilding programs until you've got your head round it. You can get serifwebplus 6 for free on the internet or on current pc mags, as you can netobjectsfusion 7 and they will do you a job as well as the current paid for stuff. When you want to migrate to something paid for, then fine, but you can learn a lot initially for no expense!

GroupFC 13:30 08 Mar 06

serifwebplus 6 can be d/loaded from click here

PurplePenny 20:43 08 Mar 06

Nvu is free (open source) and claims to be a rival to DreamWeaver and FrontPage (I don't know how accurate that claim is!).

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5