Another Complete Novice on Web Build Tools

lisaj 20:42 07 Mar 06

Hi Just been prompted to start a new Subject, apologies for any confusion.

I'm also looking to build a new site and others in future, no previous Web Build experience although I was an PL/1, Assembler, Fortran programmer years ago. Have been reading replies and visited the Serif Website and noticed WebPlus 9 for £59.99. This looks like a good buy, my question is, is it over kill for a first timer or worth the money with the potential to upgrade when the experience kicks in.

quack 22:18 07 Mar 06

Never tried WebPlus 9 but I have Dreamweaver MX and Microsoft Frontpage 2003. Out of the two I find that I am using Frontpage most of the time now. I would certainly recommend that if you can afford a few extra pounds go for Frontpage 2003 you won't be disappointed - there are some good deals on the internet at the moment check it out.

mco 22:57 07 Mar 06

Front page is good but really I wouldn't advise you to spend anything on webbuilding programs until you've got your head round it. You can get serifwebplus 6 for free on the internet or on current pc mags, as you can netobjectsfusion 7 and they will do you a job as well as the current paid for stuff. When you want to migrate to something paid for, then fine, but you can learn a lot initially for no expense!

GroupFC 13:30 08 Mar 06

serifwebplus 6 can be d/loaded from click here

PurplePenny 20:43 08 Mar 06

Nvu is free (open source) and claims to be a rival to DreamWeaver and FrontPage (I don't know how accurate that claim is!).

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…