Another CD burning question??

cottager 20:41 13 Jan 03
  cottager 20:41 13 Jan 03

My 12 month old Evesham notebook has a CD-RW/CD-ROM combo drive [ATAPI]. Until recently it worked perfectly with no "coasters" however whilst copying a CD, using my usual brand of blank CDs which 24x speed but with a backward compatibility down to 1x, an error message came up saying the write speed was too slow. The settings were set at the maximum of 8x. This is the CD-RW's max speed. I'm using win 98 SE OS and 'B'recorder Gold burning software. Any suggestions/advice please.

Smuggler 01:19 14 Jan 03

try another software program such as Nero

Kyomii 01:31 14 Jan 03

Yes, try another burning program as Smuggler suggests to see if that throws up any error messages, and if it does, then post back here.

You could also try uninstalling and re-installing current burning software.

cottager 23:39 14 Jan 03

Thanks Smuggler & Kyomii. Ihave been toying with installing Nero and will now do so. When I enquired at for advice/suggestions their very helpful answer was to buy some more blank CDs of a lower speed! Even though I explained that the ones I have been using for the last 12 months are compatible with CD-RW speeds of 1x to 24x. As soon as I do the install I'll post back!

BRYNIT 01:34 15 Jan 03

Could be Faulty CDR's but what comes to mind is have you cleaned the cdwr as a build up on the lens can also cause problems

cottager 20:16 15 Jan 03

Brynit, yes I have done a clean. The problem I have discovered with Nero is that it isn't used to dealing with a CD-RW combo drive as used in Notebooks. So after installing it I am going to have to uninstall!! Any more suggestions??

cottager 21:53 25 Jan 03

Have installed and uninstalled Nero. Run a CD cleaner [again] and reinstalled the software installed by manufacturer. To copy I have to go for the lowest speed possible to overcome the problem I first mentioned! Found this out after many trials and coasters.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…