Another Banking scam

fullyfitted 19:15 05 Feb 04

I received the following E-maim today, obviously another scam but the worrying thing is the htpp bit is followegd by a "s" denoting I think a secure site. One othe most authentic I've seen but still A scam.

Dear customer!

Please read this important message about
security. We are working very hard to protect
our customers against fraud. Your account has
been randomly chosen for verification. This is
requested to us to verify that you are the real
owner of this account. All you need to do is to
click on the link below. You will see a verification
page. Please complete all fields that you will see
and submit the form. You will be redirected to Barclays
IBank home page after verification. Please note that if
you don't verify your ownership of account in 24 hours we
will block it to protect your money. Thank you.
click here [links to click here

Valvegrid 19:18 05 Feb 04

click here

Still worth reminding folks though, thanks.

The Nuclear Boy Scout 19:18 05 Feb 04

Yes, I got the same one today. Luckily I'm not with Barclays bank, so I knew it was a phishing scam. What can be done to stop this sort of scamming? It must be tricking enough people to make it worthwhile.

feb 20:14 05 Feb 04

The advice given by legitimate banks and credit card companies is that they WILL NOT contact you by e-mail or telephone and ask for your details. Only give information if YOU ring a number or access a web-site you know to be authentic. Information should only be given to someone that YOU have contacted, NOT to someone who has contacted you.

Happy1 20:57 05 Feb 04

Hi everyone,

My worries are over I too received an email exactly the same as fullyfitted received. The problem is I am a Barclays customer. I thought it might be a scam but it does look authentic.

Luckily I deleted it after printing a copy to show my Bank, although they probably know about it. I didn't click on anything and certainly didn't fill in details. (Whew).

Sandra

The Nuclear Boy Scout 21:02 05 Feb 04

My savior to these problems, as well as others, has been MailWasher - since you can see the address behind the link. It makes uncovering phishing a hell of a lot easier.

Long Live MailWasher!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…