Another AVG update...

Stuartli 14:00 05 Nov 03

Yet another one...

Lionheart ♥ 14:03 05 Nov 03

Is this 331.

Stuartli 14:06 05 Nov 03

Didn't take note.

It's new today - there was one yesterday or the day before.

Lionheart ♥ 14:11 05 Nov 03

Just tried says I am up-to-date.

Djohn 14:14 05 Nov 03

Thanks Stuartli, I think it is the one released on monday the 3rd No.331 but thank-you for the reminder. j.

leo49 14:20 05 Nov 03

Been on the road to Damascus,Stuartli? :o)

Who was it that wrote this[repeatedly]?

"As I've already stated in one of the other threads about AVG it surprises me that its updates always bring a bout of threads pointing them out.

I use Norton AV and Symantec updates several times a week, often daily. That seems to me far more effective than the occasional AVG update which, presumably, means that its users run a potential risk of suffering the latest viruses."

click here

bvw in bristol 14:27 05 Nov 03

Stuartli 14:42 05 Nov 03

I've also written that, since Pipex stopped providing NortonAV free of charge, I've switched to AVG.

That's why I've got so many foot blisters...:-)

Even so I was surprised to read on the AVG website when I did the original installation that it recommends updating at least once a month.

Lots of things can happen in an hour, a day or a week, never mind a month, on the virus front.

But it is an impressive AV utility, especially considering that it's FOC.

Stuartli 14:48 05 Nov 03

The one today was new - I had also checked late yesterday for updates.

leo49 14:49 05 Nov 03

I liked the blisters. :o)

Djohn 15:07 05 Nov 03

Thats strange then Stuartli, Ive just tried again and same message, "No updates available" I've had three updates in the past few days, [2 on the same day].

This is with version 6. 6.0.536. Virus database 331. But I'll try a few more times later on. these by the way are from the CZ site, I think if you do a manual download from the .Com site, they are released one or two days earlier. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…