another Acronis True Image 7 problem

Pamy 22:49 13 Oct 06

Hello everyone, when I open TI 7.0, I get a message sasying that it cannot find any drives, therefore I cannot use it. any ideas?

terryf 22:55 13 Oct 06

The first thing that I would do is to go to Control Panel>Add/Remove, remove Acronis and then do a search for Acronis using the Advanced Search options and delete all relevant files or folders then re-instal

Pamy 22:58 13 Oct 06

thanks, will hang a while before doing that to see what others may think

Pamy

woodchip 23:32 13 Oct 06

As above and when you get it on the comp, create rescue discs. Then you can remove it from the hard drive and just use the rescue discs at Comp Start

Pamy 09:50 14 Oct 06

"Then you can remove it from the hard drive and just use the rescue discs at Comp Start"

Hi woodchip, I created a startup disk when I first installed TI. Can you explain in more detail what you mean above? PS, TI was a free download and is not on a disk if thats what you are thinking.

Pamy

woodchip 10:42 14 Oct 06

Depending on the version you can open the program on you disc, and in the program I think in Menu it lets you create a Rescue Disc or Discs. You can use these to start your computer and restore a backup Image if you cannot get into windows. The Image as to be on another drive or Partition, also CD's will do to restore from., with the above

Pamy 11:01 14 Oct 06

OK guys , thanks for info will try what you suggested.

Pamy

Pamy 15:07 14 Oct 06

How I wish I never had, if it aint broke dont fix it.

Since I last posted I carried out advice and windows crashed imediatly after removing Acronice. (Windows\system32\config\system missing or currupt, you can use windows disk to do a Repair). I did.
This virtually installed all win XP(40 minutes. All my restore points had gone. All windows security updates had gone. I had to update windows installer and then download 60 security updates. It has taken until now to get computer back to normal and acronice still does not work. Thanks Acronice , but no thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…