Annoying yellow ? in Device manager

Lee-262377 11:16 22 Jan 07

I have just recently built a new computer and it all seems to be working ok (aside from some annoying pop ups which I have had answered in another post - thanks for that!) except that in device manager I have two yellow questions marks over 2 devices.
I have a dfi infinity mobo and my case has the usual usb2 and firewire ports on the back of it but the case also has two usb ports on the top and a firewire for ease.
the messages stated USB device not found, i'm sure i connected the usb cables from the case to the mobo for both according to the diagrams but can't think of what else it could b, all the rest of my hardware works fine.
can anybody offer any suggestions???
TIA
Lee

keef66 13:07 22 Jan 07

Disconnect them from the mobo and restart the pc. If the yellow marks in device manager are gone, you know you're looking in the right place.

Did the case sockets appear to work when you had them connected?

namtas 08:48 23 Jan 07

Go into device manager and delete or remove the two devices marked yellow, then reboot and check. If they are active it will say found new device and will list what it is looking for and the driver required.

Lee-262377 18:47 02 Feb 07

tried to select the two items to remove or delete them but its not available as an option, my external usb and firewire ports work fine, I can only assume that these are the two internal ones. Perhaps I need to change the jumper settings????
Anyway not sure what else I can do, one thing's for sure the connections in my case are not working so I;'ve just disconnected them for now.
At least my pc is currently working which is a bonus!! :o)

ICF 07:40 03 Feb 07

Are the yellow exclamation marks in the section universal serial bus controllers ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…