Annoying Toolbars - 'MIX ONCE'

phenyl5 16:25 21 Jun 04

Has anyone an idea how to remove the MIX ONCE toolbar.? I've used WEBROOT -SPYSWEEPER without sucess. Even when ticked off under VIEW this bar re-establishes itself. If I knew which software installed it I'd have a chance. Any tips, please?

Diodorus Siculus 19:40 21 Jun 04

SpyBot search and destroy, CWSShredder, AdAware - google will find these and they may help.

rawprawn 21:47 21 Jun 04

Can you find it in regedit search, then you should be able to delete it?

THE TERMINATOR 23:27 21 Jun 04

check out add\remove programs to find the culprit....TT

rawprawn 15:04 22 Jun 04

Re your email, if you are willing to try I will give you step by step instructions.

rawprawn 15:29 22 Jun 04

Go to Start/Run/Type regedit/ make sure My computer is highlighted/ click Edit,click Find type mix once,if that is the correct name, click find next. Delete anythig it finds relating to your problem, Click Find Next again, and do the same again until it finds no more.Do not touch anything else in the registry and back it up before you start. ( In reg editor click File / Export choose a place you will remember for example My Documents and OK. You can restore by double clicking the saved file in case of problems. Good luck just take it slowly step by step.

rawprawn 16:57 22 Jun 04

Have you tried uninstalling the google toolbar, reboot then reinstall google. By the way you are better putting your responses on this thread. That way many others with knowledge or experience can imput and help.(You have just got the standard google toolbar?)

rawprawn 16:58 22 Jun 04

PS. when you have uninstalled google check and see if Mix Once has disappeared

phenyl5 17:14 22 Jun 04

Have tried CWShredder which shifted somw toolbars but not MIX ONCE. Edited the Registry - which thanks I found easy and the words MIX ONCE disappeared in 'View'- 'Toolbars' but a blank space was left with a TICK. This was the MIX ONCE toolbar again. Whether ticked or not it installs itself and removes the Google toolbar!

rawprawn 17:19 22 Jun 04

Where did you pick up this toolbar, I can't find anything relating to it.

rawprawn 17:23 22 Jun 04

click here Try this as well

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…