Annoying Ticali Logo's

spanglysteve 14:09 27 Dec 03

Hi there, I wanted to upgrade my version of internet explorer to version six, but as i have narrowband did not want to download it. I therefore found the install file for internet explorer on a tiscali cd. However, this did the annoying thing of putting "Internet Explorer provided by Tiscali" in the title bar. I managed to get rid of this through the registry, but cannot get rid of the white tiscali logo behind the title bar on ie, or the register with tiscali logo on the desktop.

Any ideas?

stephen

Stuartli 14:16 27 Dec 03

Just right click on the Desktop logo and then use Delete - it's only a shortcut.

Don't understand your reference to the white Tiscali log behind the IE title bar though...:-(

There's a much easier way to get rid of the branding than going into the registry:

First close down Internet Explorer then click Start and Run. In the Open dialog box type:

rundll32.exe iedkcs32.dll,Clear

(note the space after .exe and comma
before Clear)

(copy and paste will ensure it's error free) - then click OK.

After restarting Internet Explorer the annoying ISP branding should disappear.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…