Annoying spyware toolbar

sainty_boyo 16:34 22 Dec 04

I left my pc for an hour or two now I have this annoying toolbar on my web browser. Its silver and has buttons in this order..

Search, Posted, Windows, Drive, Forum, Subject, Xp, Communcations and Web design.

The buttons lead to Mysearchnow.com and I ran Spybot Search&Destroy and Spy Sweeper, Spybot found and 'removed' it but its still there. There is no directory for it in Program Files and I have searched the pc and registry for it aswell with no luck :(

Any suggestions

Diodorus Siculus 16:39 22 Dec 04

click here

The freeversion of CWS may help.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:45 22 Dec 04

went to this site and to the help page and found an unistaller for this search bar on their site located hereclick here

but these are the buggers that wrote it in the first place.

If you use this uninstaller then switch off system restore and scan again with your Anti spyware progs on completion.

georgemac 17:20 22 Dec 04

have you installed (or any kids if you have them) messenger plus 3 software. If you have and just clicked through you will have installed the mysearchnow toolbar.

To get rid you'll need to reinstall messenger plus 3 (as adawre/spybot will have removed some bits) and then uninstall it from the control panel add/remove programmes click here

you can then reinstall it if you want the software but select not to support the sponsor software during the install

chaztait 23:19 22 Dec 04

i think i may have had that problem have u installed MSN plus as that is what gave me that anoying bar.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009