ANNOYING SATA RAID WINDOW

BODS 21:38 14 Mar 05

HELLO,Can anyone help on boot of y new pc amd64 3500/asus a8n-sli mobo at boot the pc loads to winxp but on the way shows window for sis raid array5 manager,press close it disappears. as I do not want raid set-up how to I get this to boot straight to winxp on my 2 sata 160gb drives

thanks bods

Storik 21:54 14 Mar 05

that there is a jumper on the motherboard to enable or disable sata drives. This might be set to enable, but check your motherboard manual.

Also, there maybe a driver for Sata Raid installed, you could try removing it.

I'm sure someone will come up better ideas, but meanwhile this will bump you to the top again.

Storik

TomJerry 22:03 14 Mar 05

like this. Cannot remember exactly the name. Did it a few days ago, I am getting old. Just get into bios, you will see some thing like this. Basically it will pass memory check and a few other things.

TomJerry 22:06 14 Mar 05

just check one of my PC

it is "Quick Power on Self test", you need to enable this.

BigMoFoT 22:21 14 Mar 05

Or perhaps 'SATA Boot ROM'...

Chegs ® 22:43 14 Mar 05

Its a BIOS setting you need to alter(but b******d if I can recall which bit of the BIOS its in!)

Storik 14:29 15 Mar 05

Integrated peripherals? Thing is, unless the jumper setting on my board is set to enable, I'm pretty sure it won't pop up in the BIOS - 'cos it's not there at the moment.

The only other thing I've got is the "Raid Driver" on the motherboard support CD.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who keeps forgetting what such and such is called etc. Senior moments! lol

Storik

Chegs ® 14:57 15 Mar 05

I have no jumpers to alter,I can switch between BASE/RAID in the "Integrated Peripherals" part of the BIOS.There is also the option to boot from SATA/HDD 0/CD-ROM/Floppy/ZIP,etc that needs setting up.

I was hoping I could put my hands on my mobo destruction manual,but its been kidnapped by wife/child/dog/cat....or even the PC gremlin. :-)

Storik 15:36 15 Mar 05

the "Boot Menu"?? - Thing is different motherboard's board have different wording in the BIOS.

Storik

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…