This annoying problem is driving me nuts.

Sapins 16:36 13 Aug 04

When I press F11 to get a full screen and I move the mouse pointer to the bottom of the screen to get the task bar back most times nothing happens, I have to move the pointer to the sides or top first then it works ok. How, if it's possible, do I fix this ?

rawprawn 17:45 13 Aug 04

"Gallic Shrug"

Dorsai 17:56 13 Aug 04

Just don't press F11. I tried it, and it was a pain to get rid of the resulting full screen. in the end i closed the window to get the task bar back.

Dorsai 17:57 13 Aug 04

Or try pressing it again, that seemed to work too.

Chegs ® 18:02 13 Aug 04

I've just been having a play,I press F11 the screen goes fullsized,press F11 again it returns to as before.I moved the mouse pointer to the bottom and the taskbar reappeared,moved it away it disappears.Nothing I do can recreate this problem,so I feel your just gonna have to stay with your prob.

Legolas 18:18 13 Aug 04

Moving the pointer to the bottom to get the task bar back works for me sometimes but as you say sapins it is a bit hit and miss, pressing the F11 key again is a better way.

S5W 18:25 13 Aug 04

Try moving the pointer to the bottom of the full screen and clicking once; works on my setup.

Legolas, apologies if this is what you meant.

VoG II 18:33 13 Aug 04

I've experimented and found that I need to move the cursor to the bottom of the screen quickly. If I move down slowly, the taskbar does not appear.

Clicking has no effect.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:06 13 Aug 04

Do you have 'auto hide taskbar' ticked in task bar settings?

jimmer409® 19:59 13 Aug 04

just hit the windows key

jimmer409® 19:59 13 Aug 04

just hit the windows key

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…