annoying pop up message 'p2p networking'

I keep getting this annoying pop up whilst online, which only goes away (temporarily)when i click ok..

It says can;t find server

any ideas how i banish this?

VoG II 22:12 16 Sep 03

Are you using KaZaa or similar?

Chegs ® 08:05 17 Sep 03

Its Kazaa,if you have a look in add/remove it will allow you to remove it.Also find it in startup,(MSCONFIG)

frior-one 12:21 17 Sep 03

at last! after ages of following this site i can at last contribute!
if you are using XP go to network settings, there will be an icon for p2p, right click, select properties there is a box to turn off at start-up.
it is to do with kaza. imho stay well clear!!!

Gaz 25 13:00 17 Sep 03

P2P sharing is bad news.

click here

You see Kazaa loads lots of spyware, infact over 100.

And if you are not protected it is gonna cost you.

Also on Kazaa there are lots of file spoofs, so you think you are downloading music and you are downloading a virus! Some of which Norton have not detected.

Also, it is illegal. The government and record labels plans to stop this, and thats why they now allow you to download from their sites, and is legal for a fee.

It is just not worth it.

If you really must use this horrible software, then get your self good antivirus, Kazaa lite, and Adaware and Spybot as well as Spyware blaster and guard.

All of this is on my website: click here

along with a guide to keep you safe.

BDE (Brilliant digital) is a bad one, installed with Kazaa. It allows BD to use 10% of your PCs Power!

Also there is security flaws with kazaa!

Hope this helps.

As this is what the error message is caused by.

Regards.
Gareth

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…