Annoying pop up from Freemake wont go away

moby58 14:47 23 Jun 16

I downloaded "freemake" audio convertor,but soon deleted it,as it brought other stuff [weather stations etc]with it.It wouldn't delete in "programs".I downloaded malwayre bytes,which got rid of most of its clutter,but still wouldn't delete program completely.Finally got to delete it,but now I have a pop up every now and then asking me to "upgrade freemake"!How can I destroy this devil!Ive got windows 7/avast/acer laptop.Something easy for a beginner please!Thanks in advance.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:35 23 Jun 16

Audio convertor is a waste of time but the Freemake Video convertor is good and contains audio conversions, just a pity we have to have all the junk that comes with it.

Have a look for left over folders under C:\program file (x86) and use something like Ccleaner free to disable its startup item and clean the registry.

The Kestrel 21:29 23 Jun 16

I have used Revo Uninstaller (Free) click here for several years now and it has always worked wee. First it uses the software uninstaller and then checks the registry for any left over files, which you can then remove.

The Kestrel 21:30 23 Jun 16

Should read well in second line not wee!

moby58 13:24 25 Jun 16

Thanks for the advice,will give it a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now