Annoying pop up during boot up-remove it-how?

Kooji 07:33 20 Feb 07

Hi folks, my tale of woe began when I donwnloaded a 'trial version on -line -calendar'. The evaluation period ran out months ago yet every time I switch on the computer, during load up, a small window appears saying '42 day Evaluation period has expired,send now for full programme'. Is there a way to remove or prevent this? Idiot proof answers please gratefully accepted.

Kooji.

Technotiger 08:28 20 Feb 07

Hi, does the program still appear in your Start>All Programs list, if so does it have a uninstall option when you hover your cursor over it - if yes, uninstall it from there - if no, look in Control Panel>Add/Remove list, if it shows there, uninstall it.

If neither of the above - go to Start>Search, opt to look in All files and folders, click on Advanced and include Hidden files and folders in the search. Type in name of the program and hit Return. If Search finds anything appertaining to the program, highlight the entries in Search and then press Del on keyboard.

If none of the above works, download and run click here
Let RegScrub find all problems, then click on Fix all problems ... don't be surprised if it finds hundreds of problems, this is not unusual, let it fix the lot, will only take a few minutes. When that has finished do a normal Restart of your computer - hopefully no more annoying message.

Kooji 11:51 20 Feb 07

Many, many, many thanks Technotiger.... I did exactly as you said and the 'annoying little window' has vanished!!! What a great Forum this is for people like me with very little knowledge of computers to be able to call on people like you for help.

Regards

Kooji

Technotiger 13:11 20 Feb 07

Grrreat - thanks for the feedback.

tony58 18:06 21 Feb 07

flag

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…