annoying "my search" problem

princesplaff 17:27 08 Mar 04

I'll try and be as brief as possible.
I use IE for browsing, and have had the Google toolbar installed for months without problem.
In the past few days, every time I attempt a search from the Google toolbar, I am "re-directed" to a site called "My Search", which has the url:
click here

I then have to contend with numerous pop-up windows (that my pop-up stopper fails to stop) that contain nothing at all. These pop-up windows have the address 127.0.0.1 - which means nothing to me.
I haven't changed any of my options in either the Google toolbar or IE, and I have scoured these options for any reference to this bloody "My Search" thingy, without success.
All I want is my Google toolbar back to how it was. Anyone else had this problem?

Cuddles 17:31 08 Mar 04

In IE go to view>toolbars and take out the tick besides "my search" and put tick back beside "google" if it is not there, have a look in add/ermove progs and see if "my search" can be removed from there.

AL D. 17:32 08 Mar 04
  gudgulf 17:35 08 Mar 04

Spyware!

Spybot S&D will shift it click here

Bomberboy1943 17:39 08 Mar 04

I had the same problem and spy bot did not touch it

muppetmark 18:37 08 Mar 04

This is a coolweb hijacker, Coolwebshredder from click here (alternate link as the main site is still subject to a DDOS attack) will take care of it. unzip, Close all browser and explorer windows then run it ensure yo hit FIX rather than scan only. Reboot and it should be gone

princesplaff 19:37 08 Mar 04

thanks for the advice everyone. I ran ad-aware and realised it was a vbs thingy that had got in somewhere. It seems to be ok now.

Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…