Annoying Icon

Brice 10:41 24 Aug 06

Hi everyone
Can anyone tell me how to remove an annoying icon in the task bar.
I downloaded a screensaver and a programme called SpywareQuake has placed an icon in the task bar which keeps flashing and telling me that my system has been affected. Of course it is not. The software company is trying to convince me to buy its product.
I have tried "change/ remove", from control panel but it´s not listed and tried to right click on the icon but the prompt that tells me of the infection keeps poping up and recommending that I should download its programme
Your help would be most appreciated
Thanks

Shortstop 10:46 24 Aug 06

click here

[note: I haven't used this myself]. Interestingly, one hits of softwares you can download to remove this is advertised on SpywareQuake's own website!! Bet it costs!!!

HTH

Paul

SANTOS7 10:47 24 Aug 06

click here
click here
Spyware quake is a rather NAFF piece of software, its a Rogue confessing to be what its not the links should help..

Brice 18:19 24 Aug 06

Hi
Thank you guys for your help.It's much appreciated.

Avenger1 19:59 24 Aug 06

I also had same problem if you look for my subject headed POP UP PROBLEM on 23/8/06 the return help I have tried and so far it has been a sucess. Good Luck.

Brice 12:05 25 Aug 06

Thank you Avenger 1,Santos7 & Shortstop, problem now solved. Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…