Annoying Icon

chezzy 21:24 07 Nov 04

This is probably going to sound silly and trivial, but it's really annoying me. One of my kids played a game on my computer and I don't know what they've done but my CD-Rom icon on the desk top is a picture of a kids rattle. Even after shutting the computer down when it rebootes the b---dy rattle is still there. Can anyone please tell me how to get the default desktop CD-Rom icon back please.

carolineann 21:38 07 Nov 04

Right click on the icon.

click properties.

change icon.

chezzy 21:46 07 Nov 04

Thanks for the quick response carolineann. Have tried your suggestion but in the change icon box there is only pictures of the rattle. What next

VoG II 21:49 07 Nov 04

TweakUI click here and repair icons. I assume tou are using XP; you didn't bother to say.

carolineann 22:09 07 Nov 04

Happy birthday.

Still sober? :)

VoG II 22:14 07 Nov 04

Thank you very much.

Was I ever sober, please remind me!

kev.Ifty 22:39 07 Nov 04

Is the Game Disc still in the drive?

Kev.

Audeal 23:13 07 Nov 04

Put your pointer on the icon to highlight it and press F5 to Refresh it. That easy.

The Spires 23:46 07 Nov 04

Or after clicking on change icon browse to C:\Windows\system32\Shell32.dll where the main Windows icons live.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 13:16 08 Nov 04

Put another CD in the drive and see if it refreshees the icon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…