Annoying Icon

chezzy 21:24 07 Nov 04

This is probably going to sound silly and trivial, but it's really annoying me. One of my kids played a game on my computer and I don't know what they've done but my CD-Rom icon on the desk top is a picture of a kids rattle. Even after shutting the computer down when it rebootes the b---dy rattle is still there. Can anyone please tell me how to get the default desktop CD-Rom icon back please.

carolineann 21:38 07 Nov 04

Right click on the icon.

click properties.

change icon.

chezzy 21:46 07 Nov 04

Thanks for the quick response carolineann. Have tried your suggestion but in the change icon box there is only pictures of the rattle. What next

VoG II 21:49 07 Nov 04

TweakUI click here and repair icons. I assume tou are using XP; you didn't bother to say.

carolineann 22:09 07 Nov 04

Happy birthday.

Still sober? :)

VoG II 22:14 07 Nov 04

Thank you very much.

Was I ever sober, please remind me!

kev.Ifty 22:39 07 Nov 04

Is the Game Disc still in the drive?

Kev.

Audeal 23:13 07 Nov 04

Put your pointer on the icon to highlight it and press F5 to Refresh it. That easy.

The Spires 23:46 07 Nov 04

Or after clicking on change icon browse to C:\Windows\system32\Shell32.dll where the main Windows icons live.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 13:16 08 Nov 04

Put another CD in the drive and see if it refreshees the icon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…