An Annoying Error - PCA / IE

tbh72 13:13 28 Feb 04

On this PC running win98se / IE6-SP1 I have started to get an annoying error message. click here will show you the message which appears to be a message generated by IE.

When clicking on OK, the title window displays "Cannot Connect To Server" and the standard error webpage is displayed. Clicking the back button returns the previous page and I can continue using the site as usual. Any ideas how to diagnose, rectify this error.

Not sure if it's relevant, but the PCA site is amongst only a few which are added to IE's "Trusted Sites".

Tony

Stuartli 13:55 28 Feb 04

I've always left PCA's website in the Internet Security Zone.

Itwillblowyourmind 14:25 28 Feb 04

Hi,

Best fix I can think of is:-

Clear out all the cookies cache and temp files.

Then reset all the Security options and advanced options. I'm not sure who your ISP is, but if it's Freeserve, remove any ticks next to proxy servers.

You automatically go through a proxy anyway on Freeserve, so any ticked boxes (even if no address is entered) confuses the servers, can give some very strange errors.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…