Annoying Cakewalk problem on start up of pc

malwarehater 11:55 18 Apr 06

I installed Cakewalk 9 onto my pc but something went wrong.....i then uninstalled it but every time i start up my pc i keep getting the following messages popping up on my screen and they wont go away until i click the options they give me, the messages are as follows:

"Set up has analyzed your system and determined that the following 3rd Party components need to be either added or updated.

Microsoft DirectShow 5"

I HAVE to click "OK"(because it doesnt give me any other option)...after which another grey box appears, with the message:

"The following 3 Party components have been installed on your system....Microsoft DirectShow 5"

Again,i HAVE TO click "OK", and then another grey box appears with the message:

"Set up needs to reboot your system in order to continue the installation, please close all other applications, then press OK to reboot the system"

It then gives me the usual two options:

"Yes i want to restart my now" or "No i will restart later"

Regardless of what i do i cant stop this from happening every time i start up my pc :-(

Does anyone know of a fix for this???

Thanks in advance guys.

LeeIT 12:02 18 Apr 06

go to start, all programs and startup. is the program in there?

malwarehater 17:03 18 Apr 06

Hi Lee.

No the programs not in there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…