Annoying button on laptop keyboard

coolteentom 22:55 11 Jun 07

Hi people,

I seem to have a hardware issue, in which the letter 'q' on my laptop keyboard does not respond when pressed.

However, when the computer first boots up, this letter is continually held, resulting in a rapid 'bleeping' sound until I press on any key on the keyboard.

It also decides to randomly go off on a stream of q's at random times when I'm working on the laptop...

Have looked underneath the key, and the pressure pad seems to be fine. Therefore, damaged chip? Has anyone heard of any similar problem, or any resolution apart from buying a new keyboard?

Many thanks, Tom

johnnyrocker 23:13 11 Jun 07

sounds like a spillage issue to me.

johnny.

coolteentom 23:53 11 Jun 07

I don't remember spilling anything on it, but I guess is possible. Any ideas about fixing anyway?

skidzy 00:01 12 Jun 07

Possibly something has slipped under the key if not a spillage,food springs to mind !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…