Annoying AVG reminder

ened 16:22 24 Jun 08

Does anyone have any idea how to stop this annoying twice daily pop-up which wants me to upgrade to AVG8?

I have tried the AVG forum but without success.

I don't resally want to abandon AVG as I am hoping that later in the year they will provide fixes for the problems I experienced with V.8.

Halmer 16:30 24 Jun 08

because I have it on both my PCs with no problem?

dagbladet 16:35 24 Jun 08

Yes he has.

ened 16:48 24 Jun 08

I have Vista Ultimate 64bit.

I don't know if anybody else has it working properly with that OS or if it is something else.

I have always used AVG and these pop-ups are irritating, but it is only a matter of one click to get rid of them.

However I don't understand why they find it necessary to keep bombarding us with them.

grey george 19:06 24 Jun 08

One of my machines has 7.5 but I don't get any pop ups. It is set for manual updates only and I haven't checked for any for some while.

hiwatt 19:20 24 Jun 08

My pop ups tell me that avg 7.5 ends tomorrow(25th)

karmgord 19:29 24 Jun 08

what about us poor souls with win98se,i've got a fully paid up version of 7.5 only to be told i can't upgrade to 8.0 as it don't work on win98se,and no updates despite paying for licence!

Halmer 20:17 24 Jun 08

Both mine are 32 bit. One on XP and the other Vista Ultimate. Had no problems at all touch wood.

Tried to load free AVG 8 on a friend's laptop last night (Vista) but it wouldn't have it. Kept saying that there was a Windows critical update missing. I couldn't be bothered to mess so I just stuck Avast free on it for her.

Hope you get it sorted.

ened 06:23 25 Jun 08

Thanks everybody.

I think grey george has it. Obvious really!!

Set it to manual updates.

Halmer - Just for your info: I too had the demand for a critical update when I installed it. I followed thr link provided by AVG and then continued installation. No problem at that stage.

My problem with V.8 (As I have said in a previous thread somewhere) was that it created a delay if 1-2 seconds whenever I tried to do anything. I first noticed it when I tried switching tabs.

If it isn't sorted then I shall simply switch to another AV.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced