Annoying ads

gengiscant 06 Oct 11

Had to reset IE9 yesterday and could not remember what I did to stop the annoying ads on this site, particularly the ones at the side that moved up and down as you scroll.

This sorts them out.Ad Block

Woolwell 06 Oct 11

I run Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 and its anti-banner blocks the ads at the top and sides on this site.

Woolwell 06 Oct 11

Odd though - with it on then I couldn't post to this thread but can to others.

spuds 06 Oct 11

" Odd though - with it on then I couldn't post to this thread but can to others".

A bit like starting a new post, and filling in the tag box before finishing the post, then returning back to complete the post and then finding it locked. Remove the tags and insert them last, then all's OK?.

gengiscant 15 Oct 11

Try using this Ad block It stops all the annoying adverts so beloved by this website.

rdave13 15 Oct 11

I'm always puzzled that I don't see these ads in IE9 and others do. I only have the browsers pop-up blocker on and tracking protection running. In Firefox I can see the annoying ads, the Samsung one for example, but as it's only a backup browser I don't bother with ad-block.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message