Animation on word.doc

Sea Urchin 16:03 05 Jan 08

I have been sent an attachment - a short animated film which is programmed in Word as a Word document. When I try to run it Word opens, but cannot display the film. I suspect this may be because I am using Word 2000. I have seen it working on another pc, but that was using Word 2007. Does anyone know if there is a viewer that I could download to play the file?

Technotiger 16:07 05 Jan 08

What is the prefix of the attachment? .AVI or whatever?

Sea Urchin 16:14 05 Jan 08

The attachment is simply shown as title.doc

Technotiger 17:19 05 Jan 08

Hmm, sorry, in that case I cannot assist. I was thinking that perhaps it might have been playable in Quicktime or similar. So perhaps you are right about Word 2007 ( I have 2000 like you).

Sea Urchin 17:28 05 Jan 08

Thanks Technotiger for trying to help - it's a strange one. I have never come across a plain Word document which (at 1.92MB) plays as an animated film. Just for fun I changed the suffix to title.avi and I can now play the film, but soundtrack only!!! If I could find an appropriate suffix I might be able to show it correctly in all its brilliance.

MAJ 17:33 05 Jan 08

Try .wmv I'm sure you have the correct codec installed, but just in case you haven't, try installing the K-Lite Codec Pack. click here

Sea Urchin 18:04 05 Jan 08

Thanks MAJ for your suggestion - it opens in Windows Media Player but again just plays the sound track. I think I will experiment with it, and I will leave this as unresolved for the time being in case anyone else on the "night shift" has any brilliant ideas

Technotiger 18:15 05 Jan 08

Hmm, you could still try Quicktime Player then.

Sea Urchin 18:39 05 Jan 08

Thanks again, but unfortunately it says the file is not one that is recognized by Quicktime - I've tried with several suffices, and the same each time

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac