Animating GIFs how?

lester1 00:04 09 May 03

Any help on this, loads of stuff available on the web but I can't find out how to do it!

Pesala 00:17 09 May 03

Available free from click here this vector drawing program can import a Windows Metafile. After you convert it to an animation you will have to create each frame in the animation sequence by moving or modifying the graphic slightly between frames. It will require a bit of patience to learn by reading the help file, but Drawplus is pretty simple to use. Good luck.

barryoneoff.co.uk 00:18 09 May 03

from all the stuff on the web, have you tried downloading a gif animator program? Thats how you animate gifs.

lester1 00:20 09 May 03

I realise that barry! just could'nt find one

lester1 00:31 09 May 03

Cheers Pesala
downloaded I'l give it a try mind you I might struggle as Barry seems to think I'm a bit brain dead!

Anybody got anything else

kimjhon 00:36 09 May 03

Hi lester1
All you need to learn is the free MS Gif Animator.
click here

If you are familiar with MS Paint you will be up and running at once. Later you can find a more sophisticated app. but it is not necessary.

Been learning to do it myself. If you want some pointers email me.

barryoneoff.co.uk 02:15 09 May 03

Barry doesn't think you are brain dead, as I said, dont mean to sound sarcastic. But as you already had loads of stuff from the web, thought you would have done a Google search for "animator"!

lester1 21:52 09 May 03

dcdc
I'll give it a try thanks for the offer of help hopefully I'll manage tho I've not used paint beleive it or not.

peeby 03:51 10 May 03

The magazine internet advisor had a fully funtioning copy of this prog. I think it was the march issue and this has an inbuilt gif animator.I've used it, very easy, if you have the ideas. The advantage of an old prog. like this is you maybe able to buy some very big manuals for very small money about £5
Regards
peeby

lester1 22:33 10 May 03

Cheers peeby

Not bought any mags for a while! I'll look out for a copy

lester1 23:39 12 May 03

Pesala.dcdc

Tried both "Cool" thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac